Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Hand Stamped Sentiments #119 - Masculine Theme


I don't know about you but my 'man card' slot is almost always empty in my card box!! If you are in the same boat, what better way to get a jump start on things than to hop on over to Hand Stamped Sentiments and play along with the Masculine Themed challenge this week?! 


I have 3 Dad's to make cards for this upcoming Father's day, so I couldn't stop at one, I made three (although 2 are the same)...

The grillin' Dad was fun to color and I used the cupcake punch to make the clouds.


The football card(s) are very simple and straight to the point, just like a man-hehe!. I picked up this EF not very long ago and I love the leather looking texture it gives off, so I thought a nice brown strip of it would resemble a football-something I really know NOTHING about, sorry.


If you have trouble with "man cards" or just love showing off your crazy card making skills, head on over to the Hand Stamped Sentiments blog to check out some masculine inspiration from the design ladies. 

SU! products used:

Paper - Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, Whisper White
Ink - Craft White, Pacific Point
Punches - 1-3/4" Circle, Cupcake Builder

3 comments:

Erika Clark said...

Love your little skinny BBQ dude! These cards will go over well with all the dads, they are fun fun fun!!! Love his sandals in the grass too. I'm terribly lacking in manly cards and waited till the very last minute then prayed (literally I did) that I would be inspired! sigh. Super cute cards, I'm totally case-ing.

momto8 said...

any and every dad would love the personalized theme of these cards..so fun and thoughtful!

Stampin by Genny said...

Wow! You were so inspired! Not one but two different cards. Love the layers and textures. Thanks for the inspiration.