Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Hand Stamped Sentiments #111 - Easter BUNNY Fluff and Stuff



We're gearing up for that fluffy little bunny that seems to bring LOADS of sugar and crazy children with him every year, at least around our house and over at Hand Stamped Sentiments...with our Easter challenge.
Grab your glue guns, some cotton balls and maybe a jelly bean or two and let's get hopping! Enter the challenge HERE and check out what fun fluffy designs the HSS design team has cracked open this week!


After last weeks watercolor challenge, it was an itch I just had to scratch again...so I pulled out my Watercolor Wonder Crayons and Auqa pen and colored this sweet little bunny, or rather a reverse watercolor, since I wanted him to be white 



...after he was dry, I decided he was the perfect size for a bookmark and what better way to send a handmade card than one with a gift attached?! I used my 1-3/8" Square Punch to create my little window for him to peek through, roughed up the inside edges with my paper snips and then ran my piece of Bashful Blue through the Big Shot with an EF. The EF had a bird on it, which I didn't want, just the grass, so I placed it so the bird would be in my 'window'. The EF also didn't cover my entire piece of cardstock, so I just improvised with a very large piece of ribbon. 


I added a bit of peek a boo fun once the bookmark is removed, two little cheerful paper-pieced Easter eggs. Then popped up my Bashful Blue cardstock with strategically place dimensionals to create a pocket for the bunny book mark.


And a fun candy treat, just for kicks...


I scored a piece of 11X3-3.8 inch cardstock at 4-1/2, 6 and 10-1/2 inches, punched out a 'window' with my 2-1/2" Circle Punch and added a sweet little bag of treats. My sentiment was heat embossed with Tempting Turquoise EP and the flowers were colored using the same method as the card.


SU! products used:
Stamps - Well Scripted, SAB Sweet Summer retired
Ink - Black StazOn, Versa Mark, Classic Basic Black
Paper - Bashful Blue, Watercolor, Pretty in Pink
Punches - 2-1/2" Circle, 1-3/8" Square
Other - retired 1-1/4" Pink Ribbon, retired Pink Seam Binding
Dimensionals, Sticky Strip, Cello Bags, Tempting Turquoise embossing powder


2 comments:

Stampin by Genny said...

Dawn, You did it again! You created perfect projects for this week's theme. I love the card and how the tag reveals the eggs underneath and your treat holder is so stinkin' cute. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE how your candy created the perfect Easter scene. TFS

inkypinkies said...

How totally cute! The bookmark is a perfect non-candy gift, and that treat box is super sweet! Reminds me to get cracking on school party treats :)